Each Sunday our teens have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in spiritual activities
- Have social interaction with other teens and adult sponsors
- Receive encouragement from other teens
- Have a safe place to be heard and respected, to stretch and grow
- Discover, explore and develop an inner Christ potential in an atmosphere of openness, freedom and unconditional love
- Discuss with other truth-oriented teenagers, the challenges that everyone faces in growing up and becoming independent
- Have fun, plan activities and serve others with a group of accepting friends
- Participate in regional and international gatherings where they can get to know other teens from Unity churches in their areas and from all over the world
Teen Fun Activities
Teen fun activities are planned several times a year. Outings this year have included tubing at Perfect North and jumping at SkyZone. Watch the our Teen Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/559385097431010/) and the UpComings newsletter for all the details!
Teen Service Activities
The teens also get involved in service projects, particularly with the church. They have taught the Youth Class on a Fifth Sunday when teachers are not normally scheduled, supported the annual Easter Egg Hunt for the entire community, worked at the church's huge Rummage Sale and served at the Hearts & Roses Dinner at the church.
Teen Regional Retreats
The teens have also begun attending regional and area wide Unity Retreats. This year the Uniteens (junior high) went to the Spring Unitreat in Elkhorn, WI. The YOU (high school) participated in an area wide event in Michigan and the regional June Rally in Wisconsin.
Contact Deb Gnau at email@example.com for details on any of these activities.